Baby Basics UK Corporate Partnerships & Logistic Co-Ordinator (Part Time)
Baby Basics UK has been working for 12 years to support vulnerable families with the provision of essential items for life with children from pre birth to 5 yrs.
We are now the largest network of Baby Banks in the UK and presently have 51 Baby Basics Centres and supported over 23,000 children and their families in 2020.
In the last 18 months we have developed significant partnership relationships with 27 corporate brands who regularly donate items to be distributed across our network.
The Baby Basics Corporate Partnerships & Logistic Co-Ordinator will be responsible for manging the day-to-day liaison with our corporate donors as well as processing their donations and coordinating the distribution of items to our centres across the UK.
The role will require good administrative and communications skills and will require significant manual handling. Some safe, lone working will be required.
The post holder will be line managed by the CEO of Baby Basics UK.
- Some knowledge of Baby Basics operations across UK and willingness to learn more.
- Strong ability to plan & organise tasks.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills especially in communication with corporate organisations
- Ability to manage the work of volunteers, on occasion.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team.
- Willingness to work flexibly.
- Experience of working in logistics would be advantageous.
- Support the Christian values of Baby Basics UK
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Dedication and commitment.
- Value all the people who come into contact with or work in Baby Basics.
- Physically able to manage day to day warehouse logistics.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To manage the day-to-day communications with our corporate donors and oversee the distribution of donated items to our Baby Basics Centres across the UK.
- To communicate effectively and efficiently with our corporate donors and our Baby Basics Centres
- To invest in relationships with our corporate donors.
- To manage the day-to-day operations of the National Warehouse
- To co-ordinate & process large logistical deliveries and collections at the National Warehouse
- To maintain an effective stock control.
- To co-ordinate request from and deliveries to our Baby Basics Centres.
- To manage volunteers & duties on occasion
- To ensure that requests are dealt with quickly.
- Responsibility for the opening and locking up of the National Warehouse.
- Develop and maintain good relations with other uses of the Warehouse site.
Hours: 16 per week flexible Monday – Friday
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays pro rata
Pay: £11.88 per hour (7% pension contribution)
Location: Sheffield, both at HQ and Warehouse
We are committed to developing a team at Baby Basics UK that fully reflects the diversity and varying lived experience of the UK communities. We therefore strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups including applicants from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, those who identify as LGBTQ+, people with disabilities and people with lived experience of poverty, either personally or through family, and non-graduates.
To apply please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter addressing the key criteria in the job description.
Application by email to [email protected]
Closing date – 5pm Wednesday 21 July 2021.
All applications will be assessed with protected characteristics & names removed.